Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (1970)











Clip: "Trapped"



Soundtrack: Ennio Morricone



Dario Argento's first film is a masterpiece of the giallo genre and is in my top 5 movies of all-time.

This wasn't the first giallo (that distinction belongs to Mario Bava's The Girl Who Knew Too Much from 1963) but it set the template for the genre that would boom in the following years.

Also features a memorable score from Ennio Morricone.

This has just been released on Blu Ray by Blue Underground.

Directed by Dario Argento.

Starring Tony Musante, Suzy Kendall and Mario Adorf

IMDB

1 comment:

Samuel Wilson said...

I just saw this movie for the first time last week (and will be writing it up soon), and it's the first Argento film I can say I liked. But I last watched his stuff long ago, so I might see the same films differently now.